Decorating your home for the holidays takes time and can be stressful, but the results are oh-so-beautiful!! Here are some tips to help make it quicker and more enjoyable.
Limit Your Colors: Choose 2 colors for accent, such as the classic red + green, or blue + silver, or try pink + lime green. Replace silk or fresh flowers, candles, pillows and blankets or throws with the colors. Just for fun, put colored ornaments or candy in clear glass containers of different heights.
Cozy It Up: Trade the lightweight summer throws with thicker, bulky ones, such as imitation fur or velvet. Add scented candles for a warm glow and wonderful fragrance.
Use Natural Resources: Bowl + evergreen boughs + holly + pine cones + mini string lights = easy centerpiece.
Deck The Halls Original Lyrics
‘Tis the season to be jolly, / ‘Tis the season to be jolly,
Fill the mead cup, drain the barrel, / Don we now our gay apparel,
Troul* the ancient Yuletide carol, / Troll the ancient Christmas carol,
See the flowing bowl before us, / See the blazing yule before us,
Strike the harp, and join in chorus: / Strike the harp and join the chorus:
Follow me in merry measure, / Follow me in merry measure,
While I sing of beauty’s treasure. / While I tell of Christmas treasure.
Fast away the old year passes, / Fast away the old year passes
Hail the new, ye lads and lasses! / Hail the new, ye lads and lasses!
Laughing quaffing* all together, / Sing we joyous all together,
Heedless of the wind and weather. / Heedless of the wind and weather
Fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la! / Fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la!
*Quaffing: to drink a beverage, especially an intoxicating one, copiously and with hearty enjoyment.
Switching out a pillow or throw is easy, but what about the walls, mantels, shelves, or the top of the piano?
Here are seven ideas to give them a holiday look.
- Begin an annual tradition by framing last year’s family photo.
- Uncover and frame that old photo of Santa & the kids.
- Gather all the picture holiday cards you sent out over the years and bring them to us –we’ll make them festive!
- Winter landscapes can be breathtaking and add a festive feel.
- Frame a pic of fun times you had during the year. We print photos.
- Nothing warms your heart more than precious pictures of the grandkids.
- A holiday themed print always works for holiday decorating.