Colorful & Fun
Use color to bring out a range of fun feelings!
Not all art is serious! Some art is just FUN, and color is a big part of that. Have you noticed how color can greatly influence a vibe in a room or the tone of art? Do you know how to choose art & décor that can create a certain feel? Let’s break it down…
According to Color-Related Studies…
- Warm-colored (yellows, oranges) placebo pills are more effective than cool-colored (blues, greens) placebo pills.
- Blue-colored streetlights can lead to reduced crime.
- Red causes people to react with greater speed and force, something that might prove useful during athletic activities.
- Black sports uniforms are more likely to receive penalties.
- Paint your office Blue & Green: In 1999, researchers at Creighton University found that employees in blue offices felt the most centered, calm and hopeful towards their work. Since blue can lower heart rates and green can reduce anxiety and is associated with money, a combination of blue and green is best for the office.
White Mat or Black Mat?
- White is the great neutralizer. Sometimes there can be so many colors and so much action in the art, that it is hard to choose one color – this is where white works well.
- Black creates negative space – so all you see is the art or image.
- White is a contemporary / fresh, clean / uncluttered look.
- Black is a sophisticated and elegant look.
- White works well when you want to group a look (multiple pieces framed the same).